Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
does the truck have the auto level or auto ride feature..... some of the suburbans have a option (depends on yr model) where the truck levels itself...has sensors and electric shocks that auto adjust to height based on vehicle load.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I did keys and shock extenders on my wife's 07.5 2500. Front sits .25" lower than rear now. Ride was unaffected as far as I could tell... But I leveled it the first week I had it so no real time for comparison

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure mine doesn't have the auto leveling, not 100% but haven't seen any sensors around the shocks and stuff

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2008 suburban 1500 4x4 ltz, sits inch or two lower in the front than rear, just wondering if I can raise the front without buying a kit( like torsion bars on the trucks), or if I have to get a leveling kit?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
2008 suburban 1500 4x4 ltz, sits inch or two lower in the front than rear, just wondering if I can raise the front without buying a kit( like torsion bars on the trucks), or if I have to get a leveling kit?
IMHO, If you don't have the Autoride feature (RPO Z55) and if you want to do it right, get a proper leveling kit with UCA's, you will also most likely need front shock extenders and/or longer shocks. Your stock keys should be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts