Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally want to beef up my truck a bit. I finally decided on a leveling kit over all other ways to lift my truck. I feel like leveling it gets the job done and its cost effective (for a college student like me :p). So i read up all of the threads and I am still a bit confused on what i want to get. I am torn between a few choices, i feel like you guys would know which one would be the best.

Choice A) 1-2.5" 99-06 GMC 2500HD/3500HD 4x4 Torsion Key Leveling Lift Kit w/ Front Shock Relocation Brackets & Bilstein 5100 Shocks - Top Gun Customz I feel like this one is a solid and cost effective choice. Plus it comes with shocks. But that's just my opinion.

Choice B) ..:: Nor Cal Truck ::.. ..:: Online Store ::.. Everyone on here loves this kit but im not sure how it would be better for me.

Choice C) 2001-2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 2" Lift Kit by Tuff Country (w/rear lift blocks)

So i hope someone can help me with this and steer me in the right direction thanks! :drink

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Dude go Cognito. There is just nothing better. Buy the standard kit then add the tie rods idler/pitman arms bilsteins etc down the road as you get the money. You won't be dissappointed.

I know there are some fools running around that say all you need are some keys and just crank the crap out of your front end but that is just simply not the way to go. Unless you are ok with ruining your front end and having it fall apart on you down the road. Then by all means take the easy route and crank those t-bars.

I'm in your shoes as well, I'm in school and trying to find funding for truck mods after tuition payments is.......:rofl a joke. I'm going the cognito route when I get the money and am going to just piece it together. Good Luck :rockin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just read the Nor-Cal leveling kit sticky in this section. Tells you how to do it on the cheap with the least wrongs, how that decision might cost later, and how to do it correctly from the get go.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Talk with Nick, from my experience buying from him, his support is great, and so is the product.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Cognito all the way I have done just the keys in the past and it was a waste of money.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I personally just run a readylift kit, and I have yet to regret it or wish I bought a Cognito....I run NO blocks and just have the front cranked level with the back....I also run 35X12.50's and my truck has better suspension than anyone elses I've rode in....

So in short, if I were you, I'd go the first route......I heard that guys that DO level them love the Bilstein upgrade.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I did choice A first and realized the ride sucked and the truck could not be aligned correctly.. So after waisting my money on Choice A I purchased Choice B and I love it.. Aligned perfectly and Norcal was great to deal with.. Wish I would have listened to the folks on the forum before I waisted a couple hundred buck on the kit and then a couple hundred in the installation... Choice B all the way and if you dont have money for it save what you have and wait another month or so.. Its well worth the lil extra wait!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
could you use air shocks to adjust the ride hight a few inches on the front? put them on and air them up seems to easy but should work. might help to support a heavy bumper like mine

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot everyone for your input. So im pretty sure i am just going to go cognito now. It seems everybody else is having very good luck with them so im convinced. Also looking at a few trucks with the cognito on it look very nice. Now with that standard kit ..:: Nor Cal Truck ::.. ..:: Online Store ::.. Is that gonna have everything im gonna need to do it or am i going to need other parts?

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Thanks a lot everyone for your input. So im pretty sure i am just going to go cognito now. It seems everybody else is having very good luck with them so im convinced. Also looking at a few trucks with the cognito on it look very nice. Now with that standard kit ..:: Nor Cal Truck ::.. ..:: Online Store ::.. Is that gonna have everything im gonna need to do it or am i going to need other parts?
The standard package I built and is called that for the reason that most buy that package, standard parts list needed and wanted to gain a great out come. If all you want is to level the truck then that is your ticket, 05-older trucks can use the added lift keys but 06-09 we have not seen many need them to gain the leveled height in adjustment so reason they are not part of the package but can be added on if needed. We have these in stock at pretty much all times so when you are ready feel free to oder on line or over the phone with our sales line. You will be very happy with the product.

·
Registered
683 Posts
can you run stock tires and wheels with the a-arm kit and when i go to the track can i lower it as fare as i can like the stock one i had my 6'' lift taken off and just put 285/55/20 on the truck with a -10 offset i have the key bolts out and i have no rubbing so i have room to turn them up some so do i need this kit???

·
Registered
683 Posts
bump.............

1 - 12 of 12 Posts