Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I plan on ordering a leveling kit for the Duramax in the coming days. And I was told by a guy at work that the best way it to get the leveling keys. Then he went on telling me that on the control arms there are spot welds and you will have to remove those when you get it aligned. I'm not very familiar with the gm front suspension. Is he right? Or could I go about without losing these spot welds?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
872 Posts
you shouldnt need keys you can just crank up your tbars, but if i were you I would look into lowering the rear with a drop shackle to achieve the leveled look. By lifting the front it gives you bad cv angles so if you use 4X4 a lot it will cause issues.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Look at the cognito leveling kit. Its a real leveling kit. Not some
Cheap junk giving u bad angles. If u want it leveled back, the cognito way is the only way, if u care about ur front end.

·
Registered
872 Posts
There is no such thing as a leveling kit that gives you good cv angles. Lifting the front up without lowering the front dif will give you bad angles and will not be good for your truck I leveled my truck and am now looking into lowering it so I can use it to it full potential.

·
Registered
991 Posts
There is no such thing as a leveling kit that gives you good cv angles. Lifting the front up without lowering the front dif will give you bad angles and will not be good for your truck I leveled my truck and am now looking into lowering it so I can use it to it full potential.
Correction, the only leveling kit that gives ur decent usable angles. SORRY about that. Anyway its the best thing u can get unless u want a legit lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts