Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinkin of gettin the cognito leveling kit? anyone had any experience with these? whats the difference between this kit and a much cheaper torsion keys kit of shock spacer? i know the cognito has all the other stuff that comes with it that they say is so good but do i realy need it all or can i save a couple hundred bucks?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Your ball joints will last longer with the cognito kit and are way easier to replace with the new upper a-arms. The new upper a-arms also allow your suspension to be able to go to full droop. You can get away with just the keys (if you can't get the required lift out of the stock keys) and shock extenders for now, but when I got to replace the upper ball joints again on mine I am going with the cognito upper a-arms.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have the kit on mine, tested it with keys only. Then installed cognitos kit with the fabtech ends and tested over same terrain. Noticable improvement in ease of steering and reduced stiffness in the travel of the front wheels. So satisfied with change that I am going to look into the upper control arms later as well. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts