Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im thinking of getting a 2.5" leveling kit for my truck..its an 06 duramax....what is the best kit to get and should i get rear blocks also to keep the truck even? thanks for the help

· Banned
24,781 Posts
The "leveling" kit is suppose to level the truck. So technically you dont need rear blocks. It will make the truck look level. All the leveling kits are the same. All they give you is keys so any will do. Check the site vendors. Im sure theyll hook you up :rockin

· Registered
2,820 Posts
If you want the best, you should look at the Cognito Upper Control Arm Kit, it allows you to level the truck w/o a harsh ride. It's a bit spendy, but worth it in the end.
Cognito 01-08 GM HD leveling Kit

If you don't have that much, check out Ready Lift's leveling kit, it supplies you with keys, a new adjustment bolt that won't let you over crank the bars, and shock extenders. About half the cost of the Cognito, but a complete kit that they guarantee won't ruin the ride.
Ready Lift 66-3050 2.5" Front Leveling kit for 00-09 GM 1500HD/2500HD/3500HD - I

Let me know if I can help,

Chad

· Premium Member
9,509 Posts
cognito is awesome!! If you are close to needing upper balljoints...get them. I am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Getting better/longer shocks help out a lot. I didnt change out my keys..just cranked the ones I had.

· Ask one to be one
6,119 Posts
Cognito here as well. Great ride and did not need new keys. I had the shock extenders to start with but eventually went with longer shocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.