Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an 03 gmc.Wandering what size tire i cant fit by just turning it up stock?? Anyone have any pics?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Just got an 03 gmc.Wandering what size tire i cant fit by just turning it up stock?? Anyone have any pics?
Lots of factors to consider.
1. What rim you gonna run
2. How far can u go with stock keys
3. How worn out is the front end.

Stock keys on earlier trucks typically won't even level a truck. If u get it leveled, how sharp will the angles be on the ball joints, tie rods, ect...

There is a lot more than what tire will fit.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I got my stock ones turned up with 16x10 wheels and 305/70 Mickey Thompson just bought ready lift torsion keys for a 3 inch set up buy haven't got them in yet

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hey

That looks pretty good.I dont want to go crazy.Maybe just some 285s on my stock wheels.When i get some money maybe get a nice set 0f 18s with some nice rubbers.Just want to get the front level with the back without maxing out torsion bars or anything.Dont even have to be huge tires.I have a crew cab long bed so it noses down real bad in the front.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
That looks pretty good.I dont want to go crazy.Maybe just some 285s on my stock wheels.When i get some money maybe get a nice set 0f 18s with some nice rubbers.Just want to get the front level with the back without maxing out torsion bars or anything.Dont even have to be huge tires.I have a crew cab long bed so it noses down real bad in the front.
CCLBs really look better leveled with bigger tires...at least 33s JMO

·
Registered
778 Posts
I agree with nailski def go with 305s or 33 if your gonna keep stock wheels.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Here's 33s on stock wheel no rub at all torsion keys turned up

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey

Here's 33s on stock wheel no rub at all torsion keys turned up

That looks real good what kind of tires are they.Have anymore pics?Is that stock keys just turned??What did you do to lift the back? 1''block?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yea I'll go take a few pics. They are bf goodrich mud terrain km2. I had stock torsion keys turned up on my old tires same size and no rub but I put the ready lift 3" torsion keys on it and no lift in the rear.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Have u considered leveling it the other direction? As in lowering the rear? U can get drop shackles cheap and I run 285's on my stock wheels with a little trimming.

·
Registered
182 Posts
just crank the bars. i fit a 305 33 inch tire on a 16" stock rim and rub only on full left turn on inside bar. trimed only the left bumper. im eventually going to crank a little more but i think it wil still rub. (actually bought the truck this way)

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Nope made ride quality better!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Once you go over 1.5" of lift I would suggest installing some Cognito UCA Kit which will give you a better ride by the increased wheel travel, improve ball joint angles, and correct alignment adjustments. I would also install longer front shocks, you can also install shock extension brackets.

If you need any help, we're here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts