Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... so While looking into bumping the truck up a tad higher Im noticing a couple things that have me scratching my head....

I ordered a 2" rear block thinking that Id be replacing a factory 1" block, in turn goin up an inch... made the mistake of not looking at the truck first and found out I have no block in the rear, only leafs...

I did not buy this truck new, so unsure if they were pulled by a previous owner. When I bought the truck used it was stock.

Next is my gap between my UCA's.... does it look like Im even lifting the front? My tprsion bolts are barely turned in. Im just trying to get the most out of my leveling components here... Im wondering if I need to throw on a 1 inch block and turn the bolts a few times?

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Why do you want to put a rear block in if you're trying to level it? These trucks didn't come with a rear spacer. Space looks good at UCA droop stop. Measure all 4 corners to see where you're at. Are you able to grease the UCA bushings with the grease nipple on underside? unless it's just the pic making it look impossible to get a grease gun on it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you want to put a rear block in if you're trying to level it? These trucks didn't come with a rear spacer. Space looks good at UCA droop stop. Measure all 4 corners to see where you're at. Are you able to grease the UCA bushings with the grease nipple on underside? unless it's just the pic making it look impossible to get a grease gun on it.
Yea, pic is deceiving... I grease them. I want it level, but also trying to get what height out of it that I can. I have a few inches before I hit my garage door opening, lol. Basically wondering if I throw on a 1 inch block the front could safely go up another inch

·
Registered
396 Posts
If you crank to much your CV angles start to get excessive & then you create issues. If you want it higher than just level without blocks in rear you should do a lift

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you crank to much your CV angles start to get excessive & then you create issues. If you want it higher than just level without blocks in rear you should do a lift

I agree... but Im forbidden from spending more $$$ on this hunk of crap, wife is shopping for a new vehicle. Im gonna hafta find a nice level spot to park and get good measurements. But I do totally agree, as it sits it rides pretty good.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I did the 3" leveling kit on mine worked awesome for what I wanted. You could probably get away with putting 1 inch blocks and New keys, my advice is not to crank the keys all the way though, it does make the front axles work harder. A good kit is around $1000.00 which is what mine cost, but it came with keys, shocks, block, a-Arms and it dropped the from differential to take the bind out. Took me 6hours to put it in with a little help from my son. If you mess with the keys figure in a alignment as well. I made mine worth it basically because I needed shocks and the kit cam with Nitro shocks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have keys, diff drop, UCA's, shocks and alligned. Im just contemplating goin a tad higher

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Well you should be good to go then with blocks and turning the keys up half way or so. If your going to turn up the keys I would beef the tie rods up with sleeves at least its a weak point unless its been done already.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turned them up 5 turns... drove up the road... NOPE! Came home and backed the 4 turns.... ride changed wayyyy too much. Looks like the blocks will go back and she'll stay a lowrider

·
Banned
11 Posts
Whatever you do make sure you don’t hold the camera upright

1 - 10 of 10 Posts