Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to level my 05 cc and was just wondering how many turns I can go on my torsion bars. I've already cranked them up 3 turns and gained about an inch, but reluctant to go any further. Also I see ads for new torsion keys but from what I can see all they really do is change the degree of the key so you can get more twist in the bar.Wouldn't this be the same as just cranking the stock keys as far as they will go. It would have to ride like hell cranked up that high and probably be very hard on some front end parts. Any help appreciated.:)

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You can crank the all the way, but you will need either longer shocks in the front or shock extender brackets. If you want to do it right, get the cognito leveling kit. It comes with new upper a-arms and it corrects the ball joint angle to where it doesn't wear them out as fast. You do not need the "green" keys unless you want more lift with the front. You can check out the leveling kit at cognitomotorsports.com. Welcome to the forum!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the forum..i leveled the front of my 06 GMC with the T/Bars and it road alot rougher then stock but since then i droped it about halfways between stock and leveled and it rides nice but it doesn't look quite as nose dived as oem..

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am lookin for a leveling kit also, what cognito package would be better, with extension brackets, pro comp shocks or bilstein shocks?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I would go with the bilstein shocks. I believe it comes with the shock brackets depending on which set-up you get.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You should be able to get 2inches out of the Tbars. I wouldnt worry about wreaking the front in with lifting your Tbars cause it seems to happen all the time at stock :(

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK cranked the T-Bars up from the 3 turns i originally started with to a total of 7. Its not riding to rough but does feel a little different.I gained about 1 1/2 inches,and the truck sits much better.I'll drive it like this a few days and see if its OK.Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
423 Posts
so you can do thsi by yourself?

the shop near my place wants to charge me about 400-500 for new torsion keys, shock extensions, 5/8's block in the back, and installation.

U just use stock torsion keys?

lol somebody help me out, i have never actualy looked under my truck to see what im dealing with.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Most people just crank the stock bars. Depending on how high you go, you will probably need an alignment after. You can buy the shock extenders from cognito for pretty cheap. You don't need the blocks out back unless you are trying to keep the stock stance but get some lift out of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts