Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

Truck is going into the shop on Wed. for 17 x 8 954 Motto Metals wraped with BF AT 285s along with goose neck hitch, brake contoler, and nerf bars.

My custom shop, who has done alot of Chevy lift conversions, says they will use a "porkchop lift":confused: bets me:They say it gives ya enough lift for the 285s without stiffin up the ride by adjustin on the T Bars.

Now I had these guys do alot of custom work for me in the past, and I totally
trust them, but with all the info on this board, I have never seen a post talkin about this type of arrangement

Anyone know what this might be?

Thanks

Eric

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Not sure what it could be with out a better explanation of what they are doing, my guess is probally new torsion bar keys, often called a leveling kit or green keys!

·
Registered
132 Posts
a new torsion key is kinda shaped like a porkchop, lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for clearin that one up!

"porkchop keys" The other white meat! Its whats for dinner!:fart

Eric

·
Registered
131 Posts
How much is it going to cost for parts and install of the pork chops?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts

The ReadyLift is $229.00 plus at least 1 hr of labor, and i would recommend to get an alignment job after the install. Looking at pry $375 out the door.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Where can you get the parts from?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Do you guys with the torsion bar key lifts have problems with the ball joints and tie rods. I did this lift on my 2001 1/2 ton and i went through them very fast. Any opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
It adds alot of stress to the suspension and front driveline parts as raising the truck up adds more angle to them all. So unfortunetly, it eats front end parts faster.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea it does cause a problem.

But check out Cognito's web site. Looks like theyve got the answers to all Chevy's front end short comins.

·
Registered
484 Posts
The Contigo leveling kit is very nice IMO, but others here didn't agree with me on that in the past.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts