Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This spring i plan to beautifly my Duramax with a 6" lift kit. I just can decide what to get? Rancho? ProComp? Other?

Im plannin on runnin a 35" tire of BFG Mudterrian (currently runnin 285's) And just wondering what rim looks good for the Duramax. Gonna run a 16 or 17" rim and my color is the 05' dark blue.

THX

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 6" RCD also on my 06 and i also love it i beleive they make a good lift and handels well i also put on some Fab-Tech tie rods and its great..let me know what you go with and post some pics

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill check into that... I plan to do the lift probably in late March/early April when i get a break from work... Ill be sure to have plenty of pics

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
I put a 6inch Fab-tech on my old truck and was more than happy with it! All the holes where correct came with everything you needed. No welding and the instructions where fairley easy and precise.

I heard of some lifts being poorly made and take alot of enginering on the installers side to get it to work. Id be more than happy to throw a vote towards Fab-Tech. If I ever lift a truck again thats what im getting. :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx guyz... i checked into lifts today. I think im gonna go with ProComp. The shop said FabTech was a good lift but cost a lot more $$$ A couple of my friends have procomp on various vehicles and they have been fairly happy. The only complain i heard from a guy was that the front started to sag b/c of the heavy front.

I plan on goin with probably a 17" rim. With the crappy weather we get up here in Canada and the rough roads i take for work, that will do just fine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have any of yall used a 4" lift? If so what brand?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Thx guyz... i checked into lifts today. I think im gonna go with ProComp. The shop said FabTech was a good lift but cost a lot more $$$ A couple of my friends have procomp on various vehicles and they have been fairly happy. The only complain i heard from a guy was that the front started to sag b/c of the heavy front.

I plan on goin with probably a 17" rim. With the crappy weather we get up here in Canada and the rough roads i take for work, that will do just fine.
Right on. Pro Comp builds a nice lift. You gonna install yourself?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Na, im gonna leave that 2 the pro's

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The lift/rims/rubber is on order. I ended up goin with Trailmaster lift. It was the same price as ProComp. The mechanic insisted on goin with Trailmaster over ProComp?! He said its a good lift for the ford/dodge, but not the gm/chev. I took his word on it since he has been workin at 1 of the best lift shops in Alberta for the last 7yrs.

I went with black rims... ill post pics hopefully within a week if all the parts come in :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I didnt see anyone going with the BDS...i have the 6" front 5" back BDS lift and im loving it...my friends 99 chevy is lifted using i believe skyjacker and its one rough ride..i honestly feel like im in a cadilliac going down the rode, very smooth and stable..

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
np, hope to have it said and down by Friday :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here it is

Dont know how to insert images from cpu... is there a way?

Trailmaster 6"lift, 35" BFG Mudterrain's, 16"Helo rims i got BTW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts