Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 06 duramax 2500HD and I want to put a lift on it. I will be using it On and offroad mainly trail riding and boggin. NO rocks! I was gonna do a solid axle swap but there's no way I can afford that and the lift. I want to run 37s to 40s preferably 40s. Is there a good quality IFS lift out there that will work. I heard the Superlift was good?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Cognito has some extremely great products

Contact nor-cal Nick for more info, he is a great guy and will help you with anything suspension related

Cognito Motorsports

·
Registered
582 Posts
Cognito if you've got the money, they are probably the best lift for the IFS and you can get a 7-9" or a 10-12". After that I'd say Fabtech, I love my fabtech that I'm running right now and I know a lot of other guys are happy with theirs. They make an 8" that you'd be able to clear 37's with maybe 40's if you're lucky.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
I would do fabtech I have it on mine and I like it alot its had its share of hell so I can recommend them for sure...cognito is just as good IDK if its better cause I haven't ran their kit yet but from what I've heard they are just as good

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok well I will probally go with cognito then. Any one know what all I need for it the website only shows the front kit.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
which is really another reason to go cognito lol

·
Registered
641 Posts
Bullet Proof Suspension, with the Atlas leaf springs, My #1 Choice, Rise is also a nice kit.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I run the CST Lift kit set at 11" with Toyos 40/15.50/20. I'am happy with this kit.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The two best on the market are Rize and Cognito!!! Rize is the best but it is the most expensive!!! Cognito is second on the line and then bullet proof is right behind them. FTS is an awesome looking lift but it uses old technology and is not good for much. I have a friend with a 2008 LLM with 11" CST 40's and likes it. Another has all of these on different HD's FTS, Cognito, CST, and Rize. He likes his Rize the most and the FTS the least. Cognito is more comfortable and breaks less stuff than CST if you offroad. He owns a construction company from Miami but hunts here for 3 months a year! And then a friend that is in love with bulletproof and uses nothing but that on any of his trucks that he builds. Something about grease fittings somewhere that most lifts don't have.

·
Registered
354 Posts
What's the story on Rize? I know of noone that has the kit. I know it's expensive but someone has to be running it. Strength is my main concern so if someone can pit Cognito vs Rize I'd like to hear about it. Both lifts look good, both will clear 40"s...Rize "looks" beefier. What are the advantages of one over the other?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Rize won a SEMA award from GM themselves. It corrected something another that no other lift had corrected before! Most people don't run them due to the shear cost of them. I think that Nor-Cal was running a special on the for 3699 or something like that for just the front box kit. Where cognito is like high 2000's for the front box kit. I basically uses the compression struts to hide the torsoin bars. In turn the extra looks also is functional as extra strenght! If i would have been going bigger i would have gone with the rize! There are a few guys running them on diesel place. One is Z71offroader i believe. He has a NNBS Greystone crew/short bed and loves it. Go check him out!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
These all look good (rize bulletproof cst) but I think yall are forgetting what my main question was the kit I get needs to be able to take the abuse from offroading an boggin. Yall probally never touch the mud with those things. I've heard bad things about rize an bulletproof when it comes to offroad use.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Rize or Cognito! The best offroad lift according to my friend in which i refered back to with all the different lifts said that his FTS preformed amazingly off road but the CST liked to eat cv joints off road! Rize and Cognito get my vote for everything with bullet proof right there with them!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm gonna do cognito rize or bulletproof don't care for FTS or CST. I jus want what works best offroad an isn't go break on me. I would still rather the axle swap but it's 18k from ORU

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm gonna do cognito rize or bulletproof don't care for FTS or CST. I jus want what works best offroad an isn't go break on me. I would still rather the axle swap but it's 18k from ORU
They are rediculously priced and they are leaf springs all the way around! You can do a excellent kit that will give you more articulation by Pure Performance Inc. They look awesome and from the reviews i have read they can articulate better than any IFS system out there Other than one! Their are two kits they make one utilizing coil springs in the front and leafs in the rear here is the link to it Pure Performance, Inc. Or my personal favorite utilizes 4 coil overs all the way around. This will offer the best articulation available but with loose some towing capacity. Here is the link to it! Pure Performance, Inc.
OR the best traveling IFS is this for off roading it just came out and is one of the first i have seen. Also it is EXTREMELY expensive. Probably the most expensive option! Pure Performance, Inc.

I love the company and their products. The only reason i know so much about them is because when i was ATTEMPTING to start up the offroad and diesel performance shop i was working on becoming a dealer for them, and got to experience a truck with the 8" pre runner kits on a duramax when i was down in orlando. But the plans for starting fell threw and i hope to start one and become a vendor on this site by the end of the summer!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts