Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some input, I’ve been going back and forth for weeks now what route I want to go. I’ve read thread after thread gathering info.
Pics, experiences and whatever else is welcome. I know leveling isn’t the preferred method, but I am only looking to clear 35x13 on a 10 wide -19 offset wheel. I’ve been down the big truck and big wheels with turned up bars that rides like a wagon with my old LML and I 100% am going for the opposite this time around. Cost is about the same either route I go. I just want it to ride stock or better and not look like I slapped too small of tires on my truck. Not interested in 37s. I tow frequently and want to keep the truck as low as possible and maintain towing capabilities like stock. I really don’t want to cut the truck at all aside from the front valence. I have mud flap caps if needed.

Truck is a 2021 at4 3500

Option #1- icon stage 3 0-2” leveling kit with 2.5 adjustable shocks and Cognito “comfort” t-bars.

Option#2 cst 4” with bilstein 5160s.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali
66 Posts
you should rethink your wheel size if you don't want to cut up your truck.
also if you don't want to cut up your truck, the only real option then is to level. If you lift, you have to make a few cuts that are not really returnable to stock unless you know a very good welder. I wouldn't trust it after that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you should rethink your wheel size if you don't want to cut up your truck.
also if you don't want to cut up your truck, the only real option then is to level. If you lift, you have to make a few cuts that are not really returnable to stock unless you know a very good welder. I wouldn't trust it after that.
Cst 4” kit requires zero cutting and can return to stock. I was more concerned about bumpers and fenders and all that. I think I answered my own question at this point. 1” won’t make a difference visually for the most part.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali
66 Posts
Cst 4” kit requires zero cutting and can return to stock. I was more concerned about bumpers and fenders and all that. I think I answered my own question at this point. 1” won’t make a difference visually for the most part.
the CST kit does indeed need cutting. I have the instructions and have looked at them several times

1 - 4 of 4 Posts