Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The setup I have right now, as you can tell by my sig, works ok but my tires still rub on the back of the fender when I make any kind of sharp turn at all. I trimmed the bumper so that it never hits up there but I need something for the rear. Is there any other lift options other than a full lift to raise the front end more so i dont have to worry about rubbing. I just want enough lift to fix the rubbing problem, I dont really want a 6" lift because I want the truck to stay fairly low. If I have to go with a lift to accomplish this I guess thats what Ill have to do but Im looking for a cheaper option.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Did you ziptie the fenderliner in the back? I just drilled a couple of hole in the fenderline and used zipties on the driver's side. Also, use zipties to tie back the parking brake cable. Now does it do it both ways when you turn? It sounds like you might need an actual lift though. How bad is the rub? Your tires are the same diameter as mine, I didn't crank my torsion bars and I don't rub after ziptieing the parking brake cable and fenderliner. Maybe the backspacing on your rims is wrong. How far do they stick out?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i have a set of 20x10 wheels on my truck but the tire size is 305-50R20 witch is a little bit shorter then your tires and the only way i know to keep your tires from rubbing is to put a lift on your truck,or i have heard of guys buying longer torsion keys for the torsion bars and putting blocks on the back axle and it will give a small lift..if you want more info on the torsion keys and blocks check with the sponsors on this site

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the backspacing is 4.5", offset is like -18 i think. The tires stick out quite a bit. I think I'm gonna go with the RCD 6" lift when I get the money.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yeah, with 20X10s, you would need a little more BS not to rub. My 16x8s are pretty close and I have 4.5 BS...the offset is like -2mm.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah the question for me now is just what lift to get

1 - 6 of 6 Posts