Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to buy a 3 gauge pillar set up , Boost, EGT and Fuel pressure. I know how to install the boost and EGT pretty simple. With the Fuel pressure where do i install it with my lift pump. I have a Airdog 165. I couldn't find a video out there so any advice will be great thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are you trying to monitor your lift pump pressure, or your fuel rail pressure?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lift pump. i was told bc i have a lift pump i shouldnt do my rail pressure bc it will throw a code or something

·
Registered
83 Posts
Some guys put a gauge on the lift pump itself so they can adjust while watching the gauge. There is a plug on the pump that you remove and install the gauge. There is also a bleeder screw adapter for the OEM filter head. The gauge mounts to it so you don't have to climb under the truck to check it. Post 40 on this thread shows a picture of the setup. http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/alligator-diesel/150301-cat-filter.html I'm going with the gauge on the filter head. Why put a gauge somewhere that no one will ever see? :cool:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh okay thanks i actually just found this video and its REALLY simple haha idk why people spend the money to pay someone to do this. A case of beer and 2 or so hours of your weekend and you're done.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Instead of starting a new topic I have one quick question regarding my boost gauge. Im doing the T fitting since i have an LB7. My question has to do with the ppe boost increase valve. i plan on getting one in about a week where should i mount my boost gauge fitting? closer to the waste gate or the turbo? Should the arrows on the increase valve be pointing toward the T fitting for the gauge or other way around? very confused haha a picture or something would be great

·
Registered
83 Posts
Haha! I hope you're not asking me, because I have no idea. I am running the Edge CTS, so all my gauges come in a neat little package that plug and play. I'm sure if you sniffed around here enough you would find your answer. Here's a start. http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/gauges-electronics-wiring/40674-lb7-boost-gauge-install-help.html and another, LB7 Boost Gauge Install - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums and LBZ: pyro and boost gauge install - Duramax Diesels Forum and Gauge install on a lbz EGT & Boost - Duramax Diesels Forum Yes, a couple of those is for the LBZ, but same premise I would imagine. Didn't see anything about your arrow....

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I've seen all those still can't figure it out. Someone here has to have gauges with a PPE increase valve also. I read put the gauge AFTER the valve but where is after haha

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes. Now I know where to put the boost increase valve . Now where do I out my boost gauge hose ?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine is setup like this when looking at the turbo. waste gate valve, ppe valve then the T for the boost gauge

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so from left to right starting at waste gate. ppe vale t splice turbo ? sorry i guess im just dumb haha

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the gauges in and they look awesome. I'll have picture soon. One problem I went to install my fuel pressure sensor on my AirDog II and the sensor is to bit to be mounted next to the Mortor. Anyone else have this problem and know what to do??

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm bring up my old tread about the fuel sensor . Where do I connect this sucker ImageUploadedByAG Free1365217901.439669.jpg

I have an ADII I know u can put it there but I can't seem to get it to fit....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
350 Posts
Merchant automotive makess an adapter for the bleeder screw at the filter head.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts