Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Airdog ll 165 and I am going to try to install it this weekend. But the fuel line that goes from the pump to the engine is where I am having trouble understanding. Do you run it all the way to the engine I am planing on leaving the factory filter on too and am guessing it will run through it also?

·
Registered
63 Posts
The line to the engine from the AirDog gets connected to the feed line(the bigger of the 2 fuel lines)on the frame right at the front of the fuel tank. You disconnect the fuel line that goes from the sending unit to the frame on top of the tank as your fuel supply line to the AirDog will connect to the sending units fuel supply connection.

·
Premium Member
9,907 Posts
Should hook to the larger line in the engine bay on the drivers side close to the valve cover, that metal line then feeds the stock fuel filter. At least that's how mine runs on the LB7.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Not sure how old your truck is since I don't see a sig, but after about about 7-8 years, the fuel lines start to deteriorate and this might be a good time to replace them.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
I installed the same pump on my 16, and all the hoses hooked up right by where you mount the pump, in front of the tank.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it installed and connected the fuse to a spot that is hot when the key is on and it works great just wondering how it does with the remote start? Will it hurt it since the key is not on?

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
If I am standing next to my truck and use remote start, I can hear the pump start right before the truck starts. Try it and see, if not maybe try a different fuse.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thanks I have not used it but once after install but then I started wondering if it might screw something up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts