Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta buddy that has the same truck as me. Only upgrades he's got is EFI and a dual 4" straight pipe exhaust. He's wantin to put a lift pump on it and is wonderin which is the best for his setup. :gearjamin Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
593 Posts
FASS 150 titanium or a fuel lab kit. I'd choose the FASS mostly for ease of install and there good. Fuel lab is better but more expensive, harder install, and isn't needed for his power level.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What if he was gonna put twins on it? Cause he's wantin to one day. Would that matter in his choice between the two?

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Just stating 'EFI' means nothing in regards to judging adequate fuel supply needs.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He has Kory Willis tunes if that means anything

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
go with the FASS Titanium. All the fuel pressure he will need, all the filtration he will need, easy install.... same could be said for the Air Dog as well

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He mainly is lookin for something that will last. Not crazy bout spendin lots of money but he will if that's what it takes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
FASS 150 is my choice. Super easy to setup, less strain on the CP3, new models are quiet.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
He mainly is lookin for something that will last. Not crazy bout spendin lots of money but he will if that's what it takes.
I'm running a Kennedy LP with 2 aux filter heads added to the mix.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome. Thank yall for ur info. I'll tell him

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
let us know what he ends up with

·
Registered
593 Posts
Kennedy is a good lift pump as well but I don't believe it gets air out of the system? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will do

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Kennedy is a good lift pump as well but I don't believe it gets air out of the system? Someone correct me if I'm wrong
Air leaks from worn supply line components with the negative pressure system is your largest contributor to aerated fuel feeding the CP3.

At the tank, when you pull your fuel thru the Primary 10µm-20µm FWS Filter 1st, to the Lift Pump, and then push the fuel thru the Secondary 4µm filter with positive pressure forward thru the final 4µm OEM filter, you've all but eliminated any aerated fuel feeding the CP3.

It's a long-life low pressure/high volume magnetically coupled centrifugal pump. There's no return or cycling fuel that could further aerate the in-tank fuel. Just a noiseless simple inline flow-thru design with no internal seals to wear.

·
Registered
593 Posts
See tells you what I know haha

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Air leaks from worn supply line components with the negative pressure system is your largest contributor to aerated fuel feeding the CP3.

At the tank, when you pull your fuel thru the Primary 10µm-20µm FWS Filter 1st, to the Lift Pump, and then push the fuel thru the Secondary 4µm filter with positive pressure forward thru the final 4µm OEM filter, you've all but eliminated any aerated fuel feeding the CP3.

It's a long-life low pressure/high volume magnetically coupled centrifugal pump. There's no return or cycling fuel that could further aerate the in-tank fuel. Just a noiseless simple inline flow-thru design with no internal seals to wear.
Could I get more info on your setup? How'd you plumb it, and also how much did it all cost together?

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
I need to put a thread together on it.
It's not complicated. The pump kit is $375, plus a couple of $30 filter heads, some hose barbs and 1/2" fuel line. Remove the quick-connect flex line at the tank to tie in to the hard lines going forward.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Which is better Kennedy or Fass titanium?

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
Which is better Kennedy or Fass titanium?
they both will have their followers. I prefer FASS and have ran one for years on all my trucks and have not ran the kennedy, however, by buddy eventually switched to FASS cause he had issues. That is just him.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I need to put a thread together on it.
It's not complicated. The pump kit is $375, plus a couple of $30 filter heads, some hose barbs and 1/2" fuel line. Remove the quick-connect flex line at the tank to tie in to the hard lines going forward.
Did you only use one pump?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts