Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago I posted some questions about going into limp mode while towing a 10K lb RV on a hot day. After installing a Kennedy lift pump I towed that same rv today and I think the problem is solved. I positioned myself at bottom of long hill and stood on the accel towing that rv and it went on up, no limp mode. I'm guessing the problem was soft fuel hose collapsing but I'll never know since it could have been water in fuel etc. lift pump is a good idea anyway.

Premium Member
It's a good feeling to get out from under the fuel limp bondage.

Replacing that flex line with the bulk fuel line hooked onto the fuel module can solve a leak there, and the positive pressure can help with the other flex line up front, keeping it from collapsing / kinking in the bend.

A good test will be after hours of towing, with the fuel hot.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I towed the 10K load yesterday about 200 miles. When I got to 183 & I35 I got snarled up with traffic where they were

transporting a huge wind generator blade so there I was boxed in towing a 30 ft BP RV with a long bed dmax. It did get hot,

I could hear the fan kick in (nice to know that clutch still works). I had some heavy acceleration then too, good thing it

didn't go into limp mode there as I would have added to the traffic mess. That Kennedy pump is nice, I think my original

problem is solved.

Registered
I towed the 10K load yesterday about 200 miles. When I got to 183 & I35 I got snarled up with traffic where they were

transporting a huge wind generator blade so there I was boxed in towing a 30 ft BP RV with a long bed dmax. It did get hot,

I could hear the fan kick in (nice to know that clutch still works). I had some heavy acceleration then too, good thing it

didn't go into limp mode there as I would have added to the traffic mess. That Kennedy pump is nice, I think my original

problem is solved.
Thanks for the update. Which Kennedy pump did you go with and any extra filtration?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just went with the basic one, no extra filtering. My WT is no hot rod by any means. I mounted it on the bracket right next to the gas tank. Rather than drop the tank I removed bolts from one side of bed and loosened the other side so I propped up the bed so I could get at that hose I replaced. Be careful if you do that, prop up that bed up in several places. I had a lot of trouble getting those quick connects to come loose, so I ended up using a dremel tool to just cut them off. The whole kenedy kit is a nice package.

Reactions: KaliMax
1 - 5 of 5 Posts