Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Same question for my untuned LLY with 222k miles. Kennedy Diesel gets a lot of positive feedback but I’m not sure how it differs from others. My truck has 222k miles and I’m unsure if the injectors have ever been replaced… if not, will a lift pump really help much at this point? Those are my general questions to go along with brand/model comparisons.

· Registered
565 Posts
No problems whatsoever with my Kennedy Single Deluxe kit. You can get the dual pump setup for about $600 and that should be plenty for any mildly hopped up truck. For a stock or close to stock truck the single pump is plenty. I like that the Kennedy pump is a pass through design so even if it should fail your CP3 will still be able to draw fuel through the lift pump. No massive GPH rating and thus no excess cycling of the fuel through the system leading to fuel aeration and 1/4 tank issues. Simple to install and tucks right up out of the way where you can't even see it. The wiring harness that comes with it is also well-built and easy to hook up. I did use a different fuse terminal jumper than the supplied one but other than that the kit is well put together.

· Premium Member
599 Posts
Second on Kennedy

· Registered
7,489 Posts
Same question for my untuned LLY with 222k miles. Kennedy Diesel gets a lot of positive feedback but I’m not sure how it differs from others. My truck has 222k miles and I’m unsure if the injectors have ever been replaced… if not, will a lift pump really help much at this point? Those are my general questions to go along with brand/model comparisons.
Adding a lift pump will not make sure your injectors work correctly, and they don't last forever. Kennedy is the pump to buy, in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts