Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share my lift information with anyone that might be interested.
After much research I went with the 6" Fabtech kit with dirt logic shocks. I couldn't be happier with this setup. 0 cranking of the torsion bars, better than stock ride and no trimming whatsoever.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Great looking truck we need more detail pics

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks great. I've asked 2 different people in my area and they both recommend the rough country lift kit. I plan on doing the 6inch as well. Just have not decided on what kit to go with yet?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know much about the rough country but I think it's a bit cheaper and I've heard good things about it.
I do love this kit though! Like some others out there it doesn't drop the torsion bars down.
I've had several lifted trucks including an 08 duramax with the 7-9 cognito and bilsteins shocks and with the dirt logic shocks this is the only one that's actually rode better than stock.
My installer has done a bunch of 5" zone kits and really liked the Fabtech..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looks fantastic sir

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks great. What block does the fab tech use in the back? What offset wheel are you running? I almost got a black one and you guys lifting these black trucks are killing me . Haha . So bad ass!

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
^^^ I'm with stupid...

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Id agree with above.

Your CV shaft would be almost completely level if it wasn't cranked.
Alota shops crank them without saying anything.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks good!

·
Most Known Unknown
29,761 Posts
The fab techs I've seen set the jounce on the extension bracket

Looks good, but I'm betting the shop set it high enough not to require any trimming

As long as YOU like it, it's all good, just know you have plenty room to drop it down

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
^^^^^ like yours isn't fancy!!

·
Premium Member
15,249 Posts
Noobs!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts