Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 5th wheel camper and want to go back to stock. I have tryed towing with my truck and after 4 hours towing I have successfully chewed out the rear axle inboard side of both tires from a lifted truck.
I want to go back stock, I have a 6'' ProComp lift.......alot of factory items are missing....I'm told what is missing.....
shocks
[email protected] front differential
sway bar links
torsion bar cross-member brackets
I am near Central Fla. ...........can anyone recomend a shop that will do this conversion for me ?
Tryed a local guy who has jacked me around for 2 times now and has always had a excuse for not having proper parts....done with him.
2006 2500HD Duramax
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
263 Posts
if you havent already broght the stock parts, im sure someone would want to trade lifts with oyu

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I tow all the time with my lift. Never a single issue

·
Registered
263 Posts
is the trailer your pulling swagging the rear of your truck, excess. or whats going on with it.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem is my truck is so high it is at a high angle displacing all the weight on the rear axle which in turn is overloading rear axle causing overload bowing axle and tires which is wearing inboard side of tires wearing excessively on rear axle instead of displacing even load on both front and rear axles....hope that makes sense.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Shouldn't air bags fix the issue? Maybe I"m not understanding but I'm guessing the 5th wheel is really dropping the rear.....get air bags.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kit is 01-06..........air bags won't fix..opposite problem truck is too high.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
what he is saying is that the rear axle on the dual axle camper is rubbing from sitting so high in the front and all the weight being displaced to the rear of the camper causing the tires to rub.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yes, ....... they wear out on the inside from being overloaded.....you are correct....Thanks
with new tires back set only lasted maybe 3-4 hours....insane

·
Tennessee Smokin'
490 Posts
Don't they make adapters for 5th wheels to raise the mounting points up??

·
Tennessee Smokin'
490 Posts
Maybe?? I thought i heard a buddy of mine talking about it cause he wanted to lift his but he hauls a 5th wheel too.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
they do, I forgot my bddies 06' dodge has a 6" lift and 35's and the has a 34' fith wheel and pulls a horse trailor.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If that was the case 5th wheel would have to be lower to level out then you have bed issues with trailer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i have heard of people lifting the suspention on a trailer, if you really liked the lift of yhour truck, you could always just look into that

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
i have heard of people lifting the suspention on a trailer, if you really liked the lift of yhour truck, you could always just look into that
A lifted trailer is a terrible idea, they sway like crazy and are incredibly top heavy. Only good trailer to lift would be a flat bumper pull because they don't catch wind as much. Trade with the guy that commented in here? It will work with his truck and his will work with yours. It's all the same 2001-2010:thumb

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts