Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 02 2500hd i bought the truck as is has 7" lift from a family member got a good deal on it, I'm not much for the lifted truck. so I'm planning on lowering back to stock i know i need stock spindles, differential bracket, stock shock, u-bolts. but am i going to need anything else i know they cut part of the frame that has the diff braket do i need that cut frame piece welded back in. i know someones done this swap before i tried searching but maybe i wasn't searching right but couldn't find out what i needed.. i know most ppl want there truck lifted, I want to go back to stock

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
There was literally a post from NorCal Nick right before this one saying that he is selling parts to return a truck to stock. Get in contact with him.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/p...parts-center-link-knuckles-keys-x-member.html

I just got done returning my truck to stock from being lifted 8" and to do so, I got stock spindles, the rear crossmember/ diff mount, you will probably need the Cognito bracket to fix the "shaved ear" of the differential, stock u-bolts, and shocks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Where are you from

·
Registered
94 Posts
well that wont work...

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Easiest way to do it would be to find someone local and just swap the entire lift with diff and all installed to the other truck and you take their parts.

If you know what type of lift it is then it'll be easier to figure out what you need to bring it back to stock as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just installed a lift on my truck last week and have all the old parts if you are interested? PM ME

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.