Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of mpg do you guys get after lifting your truck and what tires are you running.

I am getting about 17.5-18 at 65mph and 15.3 at 75mph with 2000 miles on it with 6" lift running 35X12.50 BFG allterrains

·
Registered
65 Posts
I get about 15 around town and 17 on the interstate. With 325/65/18 Toyo A/T. And that's with my foot in it:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wish i got 15 in town I get about 12 in town

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice. I am turning about 1600rpm at 75mph. Is there a sweet spot at 2000rpm. I have herd 1600-2000 is ideal, mabey I am a little on the low side

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,450 Posts
10.7 Mpg!

I have an 2007.5 it has 6" lift with 35" tires. The truck is all stock and gets 10.7 mpg according to the on board computer. What gives? :mad:

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
I have an 2007.5 it has 6" lift with 35" tires. The truck is all stock and gets 10.7 mpg according to the on board computer. What gives? :mad:
For starters you need to hand calculate to get accurate numbers.

That being said, I bet your truck is closer to average than these other guys who are seeing 18 mpg.

My truck could hit 20 mpg with stockers now I'm down to 18mpg rolling on 275/65r18. I bet I'd be lucky to see 12 mpg with 35's.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i think becuase he's running bigger tires he gets lower rpms at 75mph than you would with smaller tires!

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
Start off by re-calibrating the speed-o.
From every programmer I have ran across you can only re-cal up
to 35`s.
The taller the tire the speed-o and miles will be off.
You are going faster than what the speed-o is actually showing, and the miles driven will be less.

My 79 Chevy has 35`s but the speed-o was never re-cal, I add 17%to the mileage driven to get a accurate MPG.

If any of you have a hand held gps you can compair the miles driven the actual speed you are going.

If you don`t re-cal as close as you can it will throw everything off with the computer.

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
when me and my buddy drove on a 650km trip in our trucks i got almost as good of mileage as him (i burned 2L more) and yes we filled them right up so they were the same fuel capacity. hes all stock i have a 6" lift and 35's. At that time i didnt have any of my mods but i bet im gettin better fuel mileage than his stocker now.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I get about 16-17 highway, with my foot in it and on a 6" with 35" tires

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Im getting about 15mpg city an 19mpg highway.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I'm getting 11-12 mpg hand calculated in the city. Mods in sig

·
"THEEPASUCKS"
1,450 Posts
Gotcha, will do that and see what I come up with. Thanks

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I get 16 mpg on the highway at 70mph. With the 4wheeler in the back and a couple of goodies, 14.5-15mpg. Used to get 17 when I had BFG AT's(315/70/17"s)

·
Banned
17,251 Posts
Believe it or not my '03 lb7 got 20.6 mpg between Houston and Dallas. 75 mph avg. On 38" tires, Edge juice w/ attitude set at level 3.Engine turns 2000 rpm's @ 75mph.
You were not getting almost 21mpg.
How are you getting that low of an rpm with your truck. I run 2200 at 75mph
Remember a 6 speed drops rpm by 300.

31.44" tall tires for me and im running at 2k at 75mph.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
For the one`s that have NOT re-calibrated the speed-o do you own math just enter the tire size the truck came with that is on the lable on the drivers door.
Then enter the tire size you are running now.:eek:

Tire Dimensions Made Simple - Discount Tire

You will then see your miles you have driven is off as well as your speed.
So when you are calculating your mpg you will see that you are not even close to what you think you are getting, if you make the proper adjustments.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts