Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 GMC and when I go to switch the lights from auto to parking lights the headlights stay on. Does anyone have a idea of whats going on?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Press the button next to the switch 3 times real fast and you should hear a beep/ding.

Then you can use the switch like normal.

Stupid auto headlights.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Your daylight sensor fell through the dash right? Mine did, no DRL's now. And it always thinks it dark outside because its always dark under your dash, I gotta fish mine back up too.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yes that works too, but you'll need to do it everytime you turn the key on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still no luck with the lights..i think i might call the dealer tomorrow..If its still light enough outside i can switch over to the parking lights but if it is dark the headlights stay on no matter what.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Why waste your money at a dealership when you can have it diagnosed at a regular shop for much less?

·
Registered
424 Posts
i disabled my auto headlights. all you need is a 680 ohm 1/2 watt resistor. just unplug the photocell in the dash. then plug the resistor into the plug heat shrink it and your done. it has worked well so far. only took about 20 min.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could you give me a few more details on how to do this. This is one of Gm's greatest ideas of not letting you turn off your headlights.

·
Registered
424 Posts
its pretty easy, the photocell is on the passenger side of the dash. you take out the radio so you can get to the back of the dash, get the photocell out and replace if with a 680 ohm 1/2 watt resistor.put some heat shrink on it and your done

1 - 12 of 12 Posts