Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a light bar in the bed to make the bed brighter instead of the stock lights under the bed rail? Or even LED lights?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I replaced the factory cargo lights (above the back window) with cree LEDs from diode dynamics, or retro solutions(can't remember which), they are vendors on this site. And that really brightens up the bed

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did. I have a backflip cover and ran an led strip from front to back on both sides. I used superbright leds U channel and plastic cover and riveted them into the rain channel on the backflip. I really like it. Just connected them into the stock lights wiring. It is very nice when you are out hunting. With the cover on the bed it was very dark even with bed rug in it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
About to install some LED's in the Bed of my truck to brighten it up, but the one thing i noticed that i don't really like, is that when driving you cant engage the bed lights on my truck....(I know they are facing rearward and you could blind potential drivers behind you) but lots of times ill be driving late nights on dark roads with no one around.... and cant really see in the bed, sometimes i like to flip the lights on so i can see my haul. used to be able to do it in my older truck...

not sure if any of you guys would know how I can bypass that?

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I ran two LED strips up either side of the underside of the bedrails. I tapped them into a switch in the bed that runs to the battery so I can turn them on whenever I need to. Super bright and pretty cheap too...I think the whole setup was under 50 bucks and I did the install myself and I am by no means a master mechanic.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
I put one in the Back Rack

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put one in the Back Rack
Looks good i think i have those same backup lights under my bumper too...lol

only issue for me is that with the bed cap on the light wont reach the inside of the bed when closed(and the factory stuff isnt bright enough)....i already have some led strips that im going to connect to the existing bed box lights, but my concern is when i take the cap off and have junk in the bed...i cant turn those lights on with the factory switch until i put the truck in park....

I was hoping there was an easy way to disable that.
I guess ill just live with it for now and keep researching

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
i mounted these Summit switches to control different lights and strobes

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.