Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting tired of the lack of light produced by my stock headlights and fog lights. From all the posts I've read it basically sounds like its hit or miss with Recon and if the led lights burn out in aftermarket housing I am out some $$$. What are my best options as far as companies to find either aftermarket lights or bulbs? Additionally I am looking to aid a little style because I am tired of the stock look. Thanks for the help and ideas.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ever thought of H.I.D.s? I have 6000K headlights and fogs and love them.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I have bought these lights because ture HID'S burn out. These are 5000k and you just plug them in. No error codes. EBay 21 bucks and work great and are almost as bright as my HID'S.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
And these are what I run in my fog lights. 16.99 on ebay. So far so good.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I am getting tired of the lack of light produced by my stock headlights and fog lights. From all the posts I've read it basically sounds like its hit or miss with Recon and if the led lights burn out in aftermarket housing I am out some $$$. What are my best options as far as companies to find either aftermarket lights or bulbs? Additionally I am looking to aid a little style because I am tired of the stock look. Thanks for the help and ideas.
Retro Solutions makes some nice LED headlamps for your truck. Checkout their website. So far they've had great reviews.

·
Registered
18 Posts
headlights

Im in the same boat shopping for lights as we speak. Dont want to pay 300 for lights that are not even as bright as stock. and I cant seem to find any good stock replacement lights that are not Chinese knock offs. Mine are just fogged somewhat broken

·
Registered
41 Posts
I installed VLEDS LMZs in my truck. Very happy with them, not cheap, but bright as hell.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Genssi lights are made in Germany . Buy a set you can get the 9006 and the 9005 for a little over 21 bucks on ebay. They are 5000k. Very bright. I have been very happy with them. Now not sure if they are still 21 bucks. Because if u get them from Genssi website they are $60 just for the 9006. I think I got lucky with the price I got them for. Now my fog lights are Chinese knockoff. Blubs. But they are bright as hell 5900k. I don't use them much so not sure how long they will last. But what's $16 a year if that is all they last.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.