Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody on here using L.E.D. Taillights? I was looking at a set on eBay but don't you need an LED Flasher than to? Anybody have a picture of smoked taillights on a GMC? If i smoke my own tails can i put in LED bulbs? Will i need this flasher than to? Are Chevy tails a direct replacement?

I was also thinking of just using VHT Night Shades on my factoy taillights. Anybody done GMC style tails though with this? I want a nice blacked-out look for my lights.

Also for the third brake light, Should i just buy the Recon Smoked LED Third Brake Light, or can i just tint it my self also with the VHT? Pictures of this done before?

Also i was looking at the Smoked Halo lights for my truck but after looking at them they don;t quite look dark enough for my truck, how dark are they actually? If there not dark enough can i do a light coat with VHT?

With the Marker lights, can i do them quite dark with VHT and just put in brighter bulbs, or should i just buy a set of already Smoked Marker Lights?

How is the over all fitment and look of lights off eBay? Do they fit and look like OEM Equipment?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump......Anybody????

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I know that recon makes em and I've seen em on trucks and look really good

·
Registered
457 Posts
I will have pics of chevy tails on GMC for you later. If you do this you will need the harness from the chevy also.

·
Registered
589 Posts
not yet, but i was looking at doing the same thing

BUMP....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Recon is awesome

I have a set of smoked "Recon" tail lights on my '05 D-max,they work and look great. Just plug and play.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pictures. Are those tinted with VHT NightShades? How did you manage to get both taillights the same shade?

So the light sockets from a GMC wont work on Chevy tails?

Anything else i need to know?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Recon.

On:

Off:

I actually thought about getting them....just wasn't sure how they would look on red....thanks for the pics.

Actually looks pretty damn good

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Are those tinted with VHT NightShades? How did you manage to get both taillights the same shade?

So the light sockets from a GMC wont work on Chevy tails?

Anything else i need to know?
yes VHT and then clear coat.

paint them next to each other and apply even coats to each. fairly simple to match them.

the chevy has an extra bulb and the wiring is different.

i think i also had to switch the left harness to the right side and vice versa. It was kinda weird but they work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts