Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think there would be any benofit of using limit straps on the front of a work stock truck? Just to keep the front end from raising so much. I was lookin around and couldn't find anyone talkin about doin this so I figured is ask
Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
hah yeah! im curious as if anyone is using these? i was wondering the same thing. i imagine it would help.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wouldn't ne something you would prob. Want to use on the street every day. I saw a video on YouTube of a truck that busted the tie rods and it seemed like the more the front end went up the more the wheels could turn in. It wouldn't replace the need for sleeves and stuff but it might work.. I'm gonna try to come up with some kind of quick release type of thing to put em on when you get to the track and pull them back off after you pull. If there's anyone in the Houston area that pulls a lot that would be interested in doin some testing let me know..

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have a friend that has used ratchet straps. It was years ago so i don't remember how well it worked but i don't remember it being bad. I figure i'll try it once i get the pulling bug unless there's some rule saying you can't use them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't seen anything sayin you can't. I'm going to be pulling in work stock once my trucks done, for the most part work stock can't use weights so I figured using straps Will hold it down, just not give you any more weight to plant the front tires.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Subscribed. Wondering the same thing

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
766 Posts
subscribed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stay away from strapping the front down. Setup of the rest of the chassis will keep the front from rising too far. Straps can make the front bounce bad. Some people do it and the truck doesn't bounce but not something you want to chance.

·
Registered
319 Posts
That makes sense. What if you were able to find something that had a some give to it? But with the short length you'd need it probably wouldn't benefit you enough.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can do other things to keep the front from coming up too far rather than any type of strap or limiter. Where the front end starts has some effect on how far it will raise up when taking off.

·
Registered
80 Posts
^ what James said.

You can do other things to the front suspension to keep it from lifting as much- losing you hitch height- and it all has to do with where you have the front end sitting at before its loaded.

-Steven

·
Registered
13 Posts
How the whole chassis sits and how the hitch is setup will affect how far the front comes up.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have tried the limiting strap idea. I bounced the front so hard i swear it came of the ground. This was with 600 pounds on the front too. Broke water line going to heater core it jerked so hard. Didnt work at all for me. I find how high the front end lifts has to do with how high your rear end is blocked in relation to hitch height.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Stay away from strapping the front down. Setup of the rest of the chassis will keep the front from rising too far. Straps can make the front bounce bad. Some people do it and the truck doesn't bounce but not something you want to chance.
X2 Bouncing = KABOOM!! This applies to IFS SFA and hell UFOs If your shit starts to bounce get out of it before you break everything!! Seen it 100 times.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts