Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Code's?

If we have the codes, it helps quite a bit!

Oh and welcome to the DF.........:drink

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Any aftermarket programming on it?

List all the mods you have done to the truck!

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Did the dealership log it to see if the FPRV "fuel Pressure Relief Valve" was popping open?

Or did they do a desired rail pressure vs actual rail pressure log?

They did try changing the Fuel filter right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dealer stated that they could not find anything and the fuel filter was changed.

The dealer did complete a fuel test and stated that the fuel tank had a bacteria growing and they removed the fuel tank and cleaned it. This did not help at all.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
There still could have been some trapped in the lines, I would change the filter 1 more time, and cut it open to see if all the crap is gone for good.

Are they running the test's with the trailer hooked up and under a good load?

My guess would be the FPRV is popping open under a heavy load. Shimming it is cheap and at least would rule that out as being the culprit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim

I changed the fuel filter yesterday. I did cut open the filter and its totally clean.

I have completed no testing under load at this time. Were is a good place to purchase the shim for the FPRV?

Kevin

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
There are venders on here that sell them.

Sorry about the redundancy on the Fuel Filter questions! They just have to be asked, as some say it is brand new and it actually has 10k on it:rolleyes:

Did the Tech do a Injector Return Rate test on it just to rule out bad injectors. It would not be the first time crap in the tank took them out?

It is just weird that LBZ/LMM's love to throw this code, and it usually is being thrown when towing. That is even with stock tuning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I only have 1000 miles on the new fuel filter.

The dealer has not performed any test on the injectors. The dealer stated that a bad injector would not cause the fuel rail low pressure it would cause the fuel pressure to increase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.