Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07.5 Silverado 2500 LMM. It seems lately the truck will randomly get stuck in gear or hard shift. Restarting the truck sometimes resolves the issue. Sometimes it works perfectly fine and there is no issue, it usually happens at least once if you drive it for more than 45 minutes at a time. Codes I was able to read were P0716 and P0717. Anyone know which sensor I maybe need to check or if its a wiring or grounding issue I should check? I originally was under the impression the TCM was bad so I installed a new reman one that was preprogrammed but the problem still is present. It did seem to happen a lot more frequently with the old TCM however, not sure if this is just my imagination or if that could somehow be the issue? Maybe the wiring going to it somewhere?

Any thoughts on where I should start to diagnose would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See attached.
Thank you so much for the quick response and the alldata documents. I'm going to dig into this tomorrow evening and will report back with some findings. I should have specified its a 4x4 model truck my bad, is the speed sensor on the Tranfer case the same as the one they list in this document on the tail housing you think, I would think they would be a similar function regardless of 2wd or 4wd? Thank you again for your generosity!

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
ALLDATATIY only gives you information pertaining to your VIN# so the postings may not be absolutely accurate for your truck. Mine is a 2008 LMM Crew Cab 2wd. If you go to a GMparts based website and use your vin#, you should get correct part numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts