Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The truck is new to me. From what am told and the way it runs it has a programmer. It also has a big head wastegate and gears. The Truck can boost between 30 & 35psi. My problem Is if I lay into the throttle at about 70mph the truck will take off like a bat out of hell, but than when it hits around 80/90 it jerks real bad than and loses 5th gear. It don't lose power or throw black smoke. It just loses 5th gear. It doesn't even throw a check engine light.

So does that mean my tranny is going into limp mode? If so, how do I fix it?

The tranny has an ATS torque converter from what am told (its purple). If it was a gas engine and tranny I would say it had a shift kit, but since am new to diesel and allisons I dunno...

So what do u guys think?

·
Registered
695 Posts
fill out your sig so we know what you have

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok... don't know much about the truck though...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
But wouldn't it do it everytime if it was the pump? Or am I mistaken? It only did that twice... gots me scared that it might be my tranny.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It doesn't do it everytime... but that would make my gear drop and stay there? How do I have that checked, if so...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what it feels like. Than it red lines and pops into 4th. I have to kill the engine to get 5th back. Thanks...

·
Registered
485 Posts
well if you are dropping gears i wouldnt think thats a fuel issue..sounds like you are limping it, but no check engine?? hmmm

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No check engine light.... gots me baffeled...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh wow... I don't know what stock feels like. I got this thing like this... lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts