Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't know what the difference between LineX and Rhino Liner is but looking for someone that does quality work in Orange County California.

Thanks

on edit: I meant "who" does the best in OC not "how", duh!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Don't know what the difference between LineX and Rhino Liner is but looking for someone that does quality work in Orange County California.

Thanks

on edit: I meant "who" does the best in OC not "how", duh!
Sounds like your on the right track by investigating the quality of work first. Ask around and try to find some example of both the shops work.
I'm a Rhino dealer so I might be a little biased but I have had almost every other brand at one time while working in the oilfield. Line-x looks good and pretty indestructible but I would never put that liner in a truck if I wanted to haul anything. It's like having a plastic liner in your bed. Rhino Linings Tuffgrip on the other hand will hold your load right where you put it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
just a little info for you. unless it is the roll on DIY stuff all the spray of bedliner is the same regardless of the name, it is a chemical cured urethane(2 parts urethane resin to 1 part dimethylcianide/hardner) the only reason that the different brands look different is the application process(each brand has a different gun style) and the texturing style of the guy spraying it, some brands olso add tackifiers and plastisizers to the mix to make it softer and have more grip, but over time the plastisizer will harden. the thing you really want to look closely at when choosing who does it for you is the prep work and masking detail. you want someone who is meticulus about the masking because the overspray from this stuff will take paint with it when you try to get it off.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i correct myself. the hardner is diisocianide not dimethylcianide. dimethylis used for making a higher powered, directional version of c4

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have had both liners in my truck. My opinion is the line x holds up a little longer than rhino lining. Try line x in Santa Ana on Grand ave. They do good work..

·
Registered
355 Posts
I use Line-X. Awesome! Takes scrapping like nothing even touched it. And i like Line-X over Rhino because to me, the Rhino has to many bigger chunks in the mix. Maybe be a little picky, but thats just me.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did speak to the guy in Santa Ana on Grand and got a price from them. They were just finishing a truck when I was there and it looked fine.

When I was getting my windows tinted, next to the tint shop I did find another Line-X sprayer in Irvine (across from Ford dealer in Irvine Auto Center) that uses the exact same Line-X material (he used to be Line-X). He does a lot of industrial work with his huge portable truck and does trucks out of the shop. He matched the price of the Santa Ana shop which included the clear UV protector and he said he would spray it on a little thicker for me.

I have two things left that I want to do to my truck, spray the bed and buy a SnugTop or A.R.E. shell. I put getting these two things done low on my priority list of things to complete because I ran out of "truck" money! I came across a great deal on some guns and a bunch of reloading equipment that I couldn't pass up. Plus my Son is starting Biola University this semester and at about $17K a semester I have put the truck stuff on the back burner for a while.

When I do get around to getting it sprayed I will use the Irvine shop. The differences to me:

Irvine shop: is all white guys running the business.

Santa Ana shop: looked like a shop of illegal aliens doing the work. I already unwillingly support these "illegals" with my tax dollars so I'm not going to willingly give my money to them! ;)

·
I STILL DGAF
9,080 Posts
Wonder if the Irvine guy is using Bullet Liner or if he just has the Line-X stuff left over?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I remember correctly he said he buys his stuff from the people that make the Line-X material.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,080 Posts
Gotcha. Dude that started line-x sold it and started bullet liner. I'd like to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
If i knew i wouldnt be asking.

·
Registered
968 Posts
From personal experience , The rhino liner is thicker, it will fade and looks like it asorbes the car wash wax stuff , if you have something sharp in the bed of truck it will grip it and rip it . The line-X is a harder , have not ripped it yet and dosent apear to be faded yet.
I use my truck as a truck and I dont sell either one

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Really! Take a drive thru Santa Ana or even closer to you, little Saigon. Check your or your neighbors gardeners, drive around the strawberry fields by your house, this State is swarming with them and all of us tax payers are paying for them and their anchor babies.

·
Registered
230 Posts
oh i got it now. just saw one driving a f-250

1 - 19 of 19 Posts