Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I have a 110hp tune on the LML. With the Propel HPR diesel, it feels like 130hp. Really zippy , and real quiet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
DPF backpressure..... at 500 miles.
View attachment 1076006
That's sweet. When I get to Cali I'll have to make sure I find a station that sells Propel. I tried to make it last summer but ran out of time before I had to be back to work. Stayed too long in Colorado and Arizona. Next time I'll make a bee line for the west coast.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So I did try this it did imo bring the dpf % down a little lower every time the truck regenerate started at 9 now after a couple cans down to 5 some it slowly getting it back down but I am done with the emissions . I have all the weight reduction on the way !

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So I'm zippin' down the freeway today and hit 40 grams......

....at the highest mileage ever!

I was able to use that Propel Diesel + Additive for the whole cycle, and it showed. Truck ran very quiet too! It finally regen'd at 572 miles and 41 grams of soot.

The regen period was quick, 32.8 miles.

And it counted all the way down to 1 gram, when I pulled into my driveway and shut it down.

Remember, this is a 9 year old truck with 127k miles and all the original emissions stuff still intact. The reason I started using this stuff is it would not count down to 1 gram before the regen period stopped, and it would immediately just up to 15 grams after the regen period was over. I thought I was looking at a DPF replacement at $3000. For me, this stuff makes a world of difference.

I'll shut up now......
😜

·
Registered
117 Posts
Don’t take it the wrong way imo this stuff did work and I did see that it’s my two cents

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is yet another thing to consider as well. If you have an LMM like I do then reducing the regens is beneficial to the longevity of the engine by reducing the washing of the cylinder walls with that raw diesel.

Honestly, that was the strongest reason I can think of for that DPF to fall off. When first I got an LMM I intended to keep it bone stock. Then I learned a bit about he engine and its regen process and was appalled at the manner in which it functioned.
My understanding is that with a ninth injector downstream from the engine, extra diesel is not pumped into the cylinders. Therefore there is no washing of the cylinder walls. This only happens with Ford and Ram engines.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts