Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed the airdog 150 yesterday, truck runs amazing throttle response is great!, i also recently installed a ppe race fuel rail fitting, last night i was giving her a run and at about 70 mph i eased into the throttle again and sure enough check engine light came on and it was the 1093 code back to haunt me... any ideas as to what could be wrong? it only comes on when i horse it like that.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
what level is your ppe set on? and i am also looking into the AD system, did it make i significant difference?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i run the highest tune on my little tuner which is 120 hp (level 3), airdog is worth it! not sure bout other trucks but mine had kind of a doggy lag when you get on the throttle, now thats gone. also the airdog with push all the air out of the system whenever you take it apart and put it back together pretty nice for changing the fuel filter.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Okay, well im getting that and i finally ordered my dsp5 just waiting for it to come in. What system did you go with exactly bc if i order now i can have it tomoro :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Will it throw the code if you turn the tune down? Do you know what the code Stands for?

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
were you at or below 1/4 tank? AD pumps are funny that way sometimes

race valve needs to be tighter is most likely the culprit though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
were you at or below 1/4 tank? AD pumps are funny that way sometimes

race valve needs to be tighter is most likely the culprit though.
Totally agree. I ran into the same problem. Make sure you torque the race valve down to specs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, well im getting that and i finally ordered my dsp5 just waiting for it to come in. What system did you go with exactly bc if i order now i can have it tomoro :)
well if i were you and didnt feel like dropping the tank i would get the airdog 2, bc the the airdog 150 needs a new suction tube so you have to drill the tank, with the dsp5 switch how does that work exactly? i was thinkin bout getting one of those..

as for the fuel level its at just over half a tank, i thought about checking the race valve again, also i wonder if having the pipe too close to the bottom of the tank would cause a problem??:confused:

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
maybe...i think airdog is stupid for making you replace that hose...that hose works fine till you make mega stupid HP well over 500....

i still got my money on the race valve though

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
airdog 2 and AD 150 wht is the difference, like pump life or what? doing either one wouldnt bother me.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
airdog 2 and AD 150 wht is the difference, like pump life or what? doing either one wouldnt bother me.
Airdog 2 flows more. Don't waste your money get either a Ppe or a raptor

·
Registered
576 Posts
PM me your email if you want the scans from the Helm manual re the code

1 - 12 of 12 Posts