Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting very sporadic readings of the boost pressure sensor when my truck is idling.

The BARO reads a pretty flat at 97kPa, which I think is correct. However, the Boost Pressure Sensor is reading all over, from 0 to up to 200kPA when idling in Park. The truck is running kinda rough, but really starts to shake when the BPS drops to 0 kPa. Then it will jump up to 200kPa (28psi), which I believe is the max it will read.

Here is a video of the live data stream on my tech 2 (you can see the video start to shake when it hist 0kPA):

Is this a faulty sensor or maybe wiring? The Boost Pressure Sensor should read at least 97kPa (same as BARO), shouldn't it?

Possibly related: I recently replaced the vane position sensor, as I was getting a P2564 code. While replacing it, I found that the wiring harness had worn through the insulation down where it plugs into a bracket. I fixed that and haven't had any codes since.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I believe the baro and boost sensors are the same. You can try swapping them to see if the problem is the same, that will help rule out the sensor as the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts