Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you go about using a LLY CAC with a LBZ Motor? It seems that the LBZ passenger side has some kind of goofy clip that holds the boot to the CAC, whereas the LLY has a band clamp, and the LLY tube comes further up the motor. Main thing, besides I don't want to replace the CAC since there's nothing wrong with it, I don't want the lousy plastic tank end. I called PPE & Banks, and neither had any clue what I was talking about. Anyone have any part numbers or measurements for what I'd need to get to make it work?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I think I'm taking another route. A friend of mine can TIG weld, so I think we're going to try and build a version of that ProFab EGR Delete tube that'll fit the LBZ neck and LLY cold side pipe. Far as I'm concerned, it doesn't have to look pretty, just has to hold air (although, knowing him, it'll probably have a mirror finish on it when it's done). Only questions are: What size pipe should we get and where can we get the pipe and parts (flange and ribbed end for the silicone boot)?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.