Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used 2006 lly Dmax and shortly after I kept throwing a code for "Turbo Charger Position Not Recognized". I took it to the dealer and they replaced the turbo charger sensor and said that is where the problem was. Well I got the same code about 2 weeks later. After spending about a $1,000 they found nothing. The truck runs fine but the light still comes on intermittantly. I was wondering if anyone could help. Truck is completely stock...as far as I know. What would cause this?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Bad connection, loose ground connection, short to ground, short to voltage or damaged wire in harness. Just got to start testing with a multimeter. May have to wiggle the harness a bit to find it.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
This is really really easy. You need a new turbo. The reason this code is coming up is the vains are being commanded to do one this but they cant. The are stuck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Towmaster I don't have anything done to it yet and the truck has about 58,000 on it now. I bought it with 45,000.

Len Todd the dealer said they checked all the connections and the wiring harness and found resistance in the harness and said it was fixed but I'm still getting a light.

Toypuller Since the truck is an 06 something like the turbo should be under warentee because it comes with a 5 yr power train warentee so that should be covered since its part of the powertrain, no? Do you know of any way to check the vains?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Yes it is under warrenty. We have replaced a few turbos for this concern. They can command them open and closed to see if they stick anywhere. They need to call technical assistance and you should drop it off and tell them you dont want it back until its fixed. EVERYTHING on the engine is covered by the powertrain warrenty. So if you spent 1000. You got taken. Every sensor thats attached to the turbo is covered under the warrenty. I dont know why you didnt just have to spend your 100.00 deductable.

·
Premium Member
17,807 Posts
Toypuller is correct! X2 :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
LLY check engine light

My 05 is throwing 2 codes P 0207 and a P 2146, the book says its the #7 injector. Right now its sitting at a dealer to have it fixed. What can be the cost I can expect to pay for this fix.Just wanted to know so I would know if the dealer is raking me threw the coals or not

05 LLY, 82000 miles, Airaid CAI, mouthpiece mode,airbags, tow a 15000 lb fiver, I use Stanadyne with almost every tank.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
You need to find your build date because it should be covered under warrenty. 5 years from date of build or 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
LLY check engine light

Where do you locate the build date on the truck. Would the 5 year or 100,000 warranty be good to the second owner?

05 LLY, 82000 miles, Airaid CAI, mouthpiece mode, tow 15000 lb fiver,airbags.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Good Question

Where do you locate the build date on the truck. Would the 5 year or 100,000 warranty be good to the second owner?

I have the same question....I believe the 5 year or 100,000 warranty does cover the second owner....

·
Registered
576 Posts
What are the DTC's, I will see if I can find them in the GM bible

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now i'm aggravated! I asked the dealer if it was covered under warrenty and he told he he could not find anything that would cover that under the warrenty. Why are there no honest people left out there anymore? The second owner should be able to use the warrenty because its the factory warrenty. So if I contact GM do you think I could possibly get reimbursed? The DTC is P2563 or P003A. According to the diagnostic sheet he gave me they tested the VPS (Vane Position Sensor) so I'm assuming that he found nothing with the turbo vane position, like they're not getting stuck.

·
Registered
576 Posts
PM me your email, I have P2563 scans from the GM service manual, might help you understand whats going on.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Where do you locate the build date on the truck.
Label is located on the driver door. PM me your email if you want the label breakdown in scan form

·
Registered
2,596 Posts

Yes it would work on the 10th owner. Look in your driver door is should say like 05/05 or 01/05

·
Premium Member
17,807 Posts
The time starts when it was first registered-- even if it is a year old! The dealer will have that information.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
so what is the deal. Did you go and talk to them about screwing you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since the dealer was of no help I contacted GM and they said they would get back to me on friday and let me know if it was covered under warentee. I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Good, they should take care of you. That is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. I hate dealers that take advantage of people like that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts