Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2004.5 LLY has been having issues with losing fuel prime lately. I have determined I need to replace the fuel filter housing which I will be tackling soon. In the meantime I have been manually priming the truck and each time I open the hood I’ve noticed that the coolant tank on the passengers side of the engine bay is leaning to the far right. The truck has no overheating issues so I’m assuming this is just a cosmetic thing. Any ideas as to why it could be leaning? Is this indicative of a deeper issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,283 Posts
You lost your attach point(s)? a.k.a. is it still bolted in?

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,283 Posts
pics?

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,283 Posts
If you're sure it's bolted up, then I would suspect cracks/damage to the surge tank hangers.

Side note....poor Dmax, suffocating from a dirty air filter. ;angel

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're sure it's bolted up, then I would suspect cracks/damage to the surge tank hangers.

Side note....poor Dmax, suffocating from a dirty air filter. ;angel

I will look at the hangers later, I took this picture a few days ago while I was changing the filter lol so it’s clean now

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Just replaced mine on my LBZ with new, mine had a track on fender that it slides down on to hold that side, then check bolts. If it’s the same?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Whole tank looks cocked - probably been like that since that crappy air box was installed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just replaced mine on my LBZ with new, mine had a track on fender that it slides down on to hold that side, then check bolts. If it’s the same?

I don’t see a track but the inner fender is pretty rusty so the track may have rusted out

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whole tank looks cocked - probably been like that since that crappy air box was installed.

I’ve just noticed this lately, the previous owner installed the K&N air box and the tank was straight. I plan to replace the intake soon with a better brand.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Not ragging on you - just never been a fan of over rated K&N. Addressing that air filter would be first on list if that reservoir is not leaking. Seem to recall a long leg coming off the inboard side. Son's got my LLY at work or I'd take a look. I can post a pic tomorrow for you - Ill be under her addressing some other stuff.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not ragging on you - just never been a fan of over rated K&N. Addressing that air filter would be first on list if that reservoir is not leaking. Seem to recall a long leg coming off the inboard side. Son's got my LLY at work or I'd take a look. I can post a pic tomorrow for you - Ill be under her addressing some other stuff.

I understand the dislike of the k&n I definitely I agree that it’s overrated. If you can send a picture that would be awesome

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Nothing wrong with the OEM filter, unless you're pushing 500+HP.... The LLY turbo inlet is a different story though!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Its night now and snowing - pic is best I could do right now. The orange, rusty screw is the top cover hold down on stock air filter housing. Behind that is a white plastic leg (same material as reservoir) that goes down and connects (I remember a bolt connection) under air filter housing. Pretty sure bolts down to tray supporting air filter housing. Hopefully they just disconnected to fit K&N box, and didn't hack it off. If you still need help, post pictures - worth a thousand words.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts