Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently just installed the Cat Oil filter on my LLY Duramax and it seemed really close to my front driveline. Does anyone else have any issues with clearance when driving and having the motor torque over? Does the filter hit the front driveline?

·
Registered
2004 Silverado 3500 LB7 Dually
75 Posts
I have a LB7 with the 1807 cat filter. I just put it on roughly 3000 miles ago. Haven't had an issue. I'm just more worried about the higher oil pressure. This morning it was 40 outside and it started up and idled at 85 psi until it warmed up. I didn't plug it in last winter, I definitely will this winter. Assuming the LB7 and LLY have the same front drive shaft and oil filter housing location, you shouldn't have an issue. In my opinion, don't worry about it. I've crawled under there several times and there's no dents, not even a scratch mark on the filter from the drive shaft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a LB7 with the 1807 cat filter. I just put it on roughly 3000 miles ago. Haven't had an issue. I'm just more worried about the higher oil pressure. This morning it was 40 outside and it started up and idled at 85 psi until it warmed up. I didn't plug it in last winter, I definitely will this winter. Assuming the LB7 and LLY have the same front drive shaft and oil filter housing location, you shouldn't have an issue. In my opinion, don't worry about it. I've crawled under there several times and there's no dents, not even a scratch mark on the filter from the drive shaft.
Ok thanks. The high oil pressure seems normal. I live in Alaska and when it gets cold my truck has about 80psi until it’s hot

·
Registered
2004 Silverado 3500 LB7 Dually
75 Posts
I had about 60 when I had the stock oil filter. My guess is because it had a bypass valve. I tried putting a napa filter on about 1000 miles ago because I didn't like that high oil pressure, fearing it would restrict flow. I just couldnt get the darn thing off. I always use the "one full turn after gasket contact" method, but that just seems too tight. Curious to know how much you tighten yours?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I do a hand tighten till my face is turning red then a 1/4 turn or so with a wrench. Usually comes off pretty easily with a wrench at change time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had about 60 when I had the stock oil filter. My guess is because it had a bypass valve. I tried putting a napa filter on about 1000 miles ago because I didn't like that high oil pressure, fearing it would restrict flow. I just couldnt get the darn thing off. I always use the "one full turn after gasket contact" method, but that just seems too tight. Curious to know how much you tighten yours?
I tighten the filter till just snug with my hands. Then I’ll either really grip the thing or use a filter wrench and do 1/4 turn to snug it up tight. Never really had a problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts