Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i am new to this forum i curently own an 01 ctd but i am getting sick of chasing a problem i am having and getting no where . so i am looking at getting rid of it and looking at the d max since i hate fords .any how what i am wondering is why does the lly have overheating problems as compared to the first generation duramax and on the first gen trucks what can be done about the injector problem also what kind of power does the first gen and lly make stock . i know my ctd makes 240hp and 470 tq with my edge attitude and other stuff and i raced my buddys first gen dmax he has his piped and a 120hp chip . we were thinking he still make more hp than me but i have got him beat in the tq department but he will still eat me up and spit me out and gets better mpg:mad:

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i have a LLY and never have i over heated it but i have had it warm a few times and the truck use to haul heavy all the time or i should be more specific for the first 70k of it's life it hauled 20 to 25k 4 times a week and one time for a all time record it hauled a load of logs from kentucky and scaled out at 41k and no i wouldn't do that again..the LLY is rated at 320hp with 590tqr or something like that and it dynos around 240rwhp with 490rwtqr stock..hope this helps

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I have 2 llys neither of which overheat while towing or any other time, even with all the llys i've seen in this area i've yet to come arcoss a overheater. Im not saying the arent out there because enough folks do have issues with it im just trying to say i beleive they are a little bit more few and far between than some folks would like any one to beleive. JMHO

Later
Caleb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts