Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do i need to do to upgrade my mouth piece?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
get a LBZ mouth piece or the AFE

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
which one is better?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
both the same. the AFE is a direct fit. with the LBZ you have to cut the intake tube back for it to fit

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do i have to have a special intake?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
nope. the AFE mouth piece is 200 bucks i think and the LBZ is 50 or so, not 100% sure on the LBZ price. i have the AFE cause i didnt wanna cut my banks intake tube

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so if i get the afe im set?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I got the afe and I love it. Yes the LBZ is cheaper but I did not what to hack things up to get it to fit. Don't hesitate to change the mp, it makes a huge difference in the performance of the lly.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
does it make the turbo spool faster? how much hp do you gain from it?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
umm not sure if its blocked or not? how would i do that?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not sure what the turbo resenator block does?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
it makes the turbo spool up faster and it also makes the turbo noise louder

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Blocking resonator is for so much more than sound. It is to block recirculating soot back into you motor! LoL

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
i thought you block egr to keep recirculating soot? i NEVER heard these things about spool faster while blocking the resenator...i did it to my truck nd didnt notice a damn bit a diff..i did it or turbo whistle...it still didnt make a dif...IMOP

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
you got me!
I re-read my post and it sounded rude. I do appologize if you took it that way. It wasn't meant as a jab towards anyone.

i thought you block egr to keep recirculating soot? i NEVER heard these things about spool faster while blocking the resenator...i did it to my truck nd didnt notice a damn bit a diff..i did it or turbo whistle...it still didnt make a dif...IMOP
You are correct. I didn't notice anything other than my oil being a tiny bit clearer between service intervals. The mouthpiece on the other hand will make the turbo spool quicker and it will also enhance the whistling noise as well. If you want to further enhance the whistle and get rid of some of the screetching noise upon hard accelleration i would recommend the DE direct pipe. It is on my to do list as well as upgrading from a modded LLY mouthpiece to an AFE!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts