Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm one of the new guys here, and I am trying to figure out which motor I have in my 06'. I was rifiling through the glove box and checked out the code sticker in the box and I did notice one of the triple lettered abbreveations was a LLY. Does that designate the engine type? What's the difference? Does one have better HP/TRQ ratings? Please help the rookie.:confused:

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
THe easiest way to tell is by the 8th digit of the vin# if its a 3 is an LLY if its a D then its a LBZ. Im not certian on the ratings on the 06 lly but i think its 310hp and 605tq. the LBZ is rated at 360hp and 650tq!

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
vin2 would be a 2005 lly whats the 10th digit of the vin (5 or 6)that is the model year?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was wondering, what makes the LBZ better than the LLY other than more hp and tq? I am deciding if I need to get a 05 or a later 06. Thanks

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Programming is the only difference from the LLY to the LBZ. (at least with the 6 speed allison)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts