Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an LLY duramax with edge performance tunes using EFI live for the tunes. I have had this strange knocking sound coming from the drivers side. On normal acceleration it’s really load and you can hear it more with the window s down. No one can point me in what it could be. Lately when I drive if my tune is set at level one I have a lot of white smoke but when I turn it up it’s fine but the noise is still there and isn’t always constant. If you can help I’d appreciate it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Sounds to me like injector knock. Check those harness connections...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an LLY duramax with edge performance tunes using EFI live for the tunes. I have had this strange knocking sound coming from the drivers side. On normal acceleration it’s really load and you can hear it more with the window s down. No one can point me in what it could be. Lately when I drive if my tune is set at level one I have a lot of white smoke but when I turn it up it’s fine but the noise is still there and isn’t always constant. If you can help I’d appreciate it. Thanks
Sounds to me like injector knock. Check those harness connections...
Thanks for the reply will definitely look into it. The promblem I’m having is it doesn’t always knock but the harder the acceleration the faster and loader the knock.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for the reply will definitely look into it. The promblem I’m having is it doesn’t always knock but the harder the acceleration the faster and loader the knock.
Mine kinda does the same thing. When turbo braking or accelerating and the rpms hit about 3k+, it sounds like the valve train is gonna self destruct. So far so good though. Oil analysis is 100%. Noise hasn't gotten any worse.

My injectors also have 571k kms on em, so maybe they are just worn and get noisy at high rpms.

Sent from my google machine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts