Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to begin tearing down my LLY for bad headgaskets. The motor has 225,000 miles on it and I am thinking for the extra cost I want to freshen things up. I plan to pull the motor to complete the work. I will to keep everything stock as I will be using this truck for towing, I want to do the pro fab manifolds, egr delete, downpipe and then EFI live.

Should I leave the bottom end alone and just do the headgaskets if all looks good?

Not sure if it burns oil.

I think I am about 1k for the headgasket kit and about 2300 for a complete overhaul kit. These prices both include ARP studs.

Any help or suggestions (including parts) would be appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many miles on your truck when you did HG's?

I appreciate the info, I think glow plugs, thermostats, water pump, and injector lines are highly recommended when doing HG.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right on!!

Did the shop ever mention digging into the bottom end?

Can anyone provide info on the longevity of the LLY bottom end? This truck was previously a work truck and has towed lots along with plenty of idle time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can anyone else chime in?

Should I leave the bottom end alone and just do HG's? Truck has 225,000miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.