Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new here, but not new to the Duramax. Owned my '05 Silverado 2500HD since '07 (off someone's lease) and driven it to 303,000. This time I'm stumped...

When it quit I'd driven about 1/2 hour, and just made it to turn into my driveway when the engine shut off and would not restart. Here's where I am so far:

• No engine light
  • Cranks but does not fire
  • I opened the bleed valve and primed, it was OK.
  • Fuel tank currently 3/4 full
  • I pressurized the fuel tank with air and inspected the fuel lines for leaks, none
  • Opened the bleed valve with tank pressurized and fuel squirted out
  • Checked the schrader (?) valve after the fuel filter, not pressurized
  • Checked the big fuel pump fuse under the hook - OK
  • Fuel filter has ~5,000 miles on it
  • No leaks under the truck
  • Never went to limp mode

I'm probably missing something obvious, anyone else have an idea of what I should check?

Thanks!
Mike

· Registered
7,493 Posts
See attached. Note that is is divided by year/model range.

I have read a post by a fellow who runs a fleet of Duramaxes for a construction company in Pennsylvania. As you can imagine, he has had TONS of varied experiences and problems to solve. He said that he has found that this part might solve the problem:
Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD, Silverado 3500 Diesel Fuel Injector Pump Pressure Relief Valve 1110010013
It's the fuel rail relief valve, one for each side if needed. You can find them for $75 to $150 or so, each. They aren't GM OEM, but they are Bosch, a quality product. Of course, he has never seen your truck, nor reviewed your situation. Keep that in mind.

Attachments

· Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
2,479 Posts
I’m thinking the filter might not be pushing the check ball up properly. It you have fuel at the bleed screw but not at schrader valve something is blocking fuel coming from filter.

· Former GM Tech and parts
4,251 Posts
Do you have a lift pump? because if not, the fuel test port between the filter head and cp3 will not be pressurized- unless you are talking while you have the tank pressurized too...
Pull the hose off coming out of the filter head and be sure its flowing out freely. Then take that hose off from the other end and see if it does have a blockage in there. If it is flowing freely, I'm going to start pointing to cp3 and injector testing, or controller/wiring testing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.