Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first off I have searched this and went through 10 of the 25 pages, provided in my search. With that my question was not answered. I have a 2004.5 lly with the 5 speed Allison 1000, I’ve been doing all of the supporting mods and I’m almost ready to tune. I’d like to jump into my trans before, so I don’t need to tune more than once. My question is can I take a Alison transmission from a 06+ including the early model l5p tranny, and put it in my lly? My goal for the truck until I one day tear into the motor is around 500whp and six speeds. From what I’ve read the six speed Alison 1000 is much easier to achieve that goal than my five speed. Also a lot cheaper than building and converting mine, which I’m not sure how reliable the six speed conversion would be under the extra power. So to simplify and repeat my question, can I put a newer Alison on an older duramax motor?

·
Premium Member
3,676 Posts
Welcome to DF. I would try to get hold of Mike L at Inglewood Transmission. If he can't tell you, nobody can. Inglewood Transmissions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts