·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get one. i read a thread about it and would like to find one:help

·
Registered
845 Posts
I do not think anyone sells a aftermarked one. I think you have to take your mouthpeace and trim it down yourself. I am doing mine tomorrow. I will take pics and post them.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,300 Posts

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,300 Posts
I do not think anyone sells a aftermarked one. I think you have to take your mouthpeace and trim it down yourself. I am doing mine tomorrow. I will take pics and post them.
I'll be looking into mine on Sunday, let me know what your '05 build date is and if you find that your mouthpiece has already been altered, just curious.

Killerbee found during his research that some of the mouthpiece inlets he removed had already been ‘Dremeled’ from the factory.

GM did in fact realize their design flaws and modified the pieces for production vehicles. At what point of production this was done is unknown. This disparity explains why some LLY’s have more serious overheating problems than others do.

While this ‘Dremel Fix’ does reduce turbulence by 1psi, it far from eliminates the total problem caused by this bad design.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Atta boy!! Preachin the gospel!!! Hafta start callin ya Killer Jr. LOL j/k. just messin with ya. :drink

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,300 Posts
Atta boy!! Preachin the gospel!!! Hafta start callin ya Killer Jr. LOL j/k. just messin with ya. :drink
:D :D The more ya think about this whole thing, the more aggravating it gets. :D :D

All of the head scratching :confused: going on at the Dealership level trying to solve overheating issues, while at the Factory level, some rookie has been delegated the task of grinding down these plastic parts in some small obscure room somewhere, not even realizing the true importance of their task at hand.
:Smack
“Hello left hand, I’d like you to meet Right” :tease

Then, in trying to save on mileage and get performance, people spend $$$$ on mods, only to set themselves up to trash the turbo from exceeding Mach speed, all because of one small plastic part everyone overlooks. :cool

With a bit of background in Pipe-Flow tech, when I actually see the part in question, it's like a pink elephant glowing in the dark!

·
Registered
275 Posts
sounds about right!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts