Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I both have llys, his is an 2004.5 and mine is a 2005. he is worried something is wrong with his truck. I have LBZ intake and mouthpiece and the maf is been flashed. I also have 4 in from down pipe back no cat or muffler. his is stock. I have 185 75 16 and he has 165 75 16. Mine pulls quite a bit harder then his, even though I have bigger tires. Will these mods make that big of a differance. or could he be having a problem. His truck is smooth, starts great and gets 18 mpg on the highway. I think his truck is fine. just looking for some opinions

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The exhaust would make quite a bit of difference with no Cat or muffler.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump

·
Registered
358 Posts
Those are some smallass tires...don't they come stock with 245/75/16?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
349 Posts
I don't think your buddy's truck has any issues if it performs like that. Opening up the exhaust and intake will really help a truck's pep. If I were him i wouldn't be worried.

·
Registered
72 Posts
x2

Sounds like its working fine to me. Thats about how mine ran prior to getting rid of the cat and muffler and putting on the 325's.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
explain to him how he needs a mouthpiece, exhaust and dsp5 tuning :thumb lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
explain to him how he needs a mouthpiece, exhaust and dsp5 tuning :thumb lol
Exhaust and mp:thumb:thumb
cant wait myself for efi live and CAI. Waiting on my taxes and then its on like donkey kong.:gearjamin

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we put a mouthpiece on yesterday, not much difference that we can feel. we have the lbz cold air intake but need the efi to flash ecm before we can put it on. I will hopefully be ordering efi live for both of our trucks today, from Dustin if all things work out.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thats a good choice ! ^^^

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
headstuds, built tranny, twins, 60 overs, and duel fuelers. then he wont have any worries til it lets go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts