Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chevy dealer says I need to replace my catalytic converter - $2500 plus labor. Sitting at 97000 miles. I don't want to delete. Can I do a full exhaust system replacement, down pipe back - DPF and Cat included - and still see performance improvements? I did some googles searching and mostly all I see are filter back, cat back, or full delete replacement exhaust system options.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you are doing a filter back, it's mainly for looks and changing the angle of the outlet pipe.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Chevy dealer says I need to replace my catalytic converter - $2500 plus labor. Sitting at 97000 miles. I don't want to delete. Can I do a full exhaust system replacement, down pipe back - DPF and Cat included - and still see performance improvements? I did some googles searching and mostly all I see are filter back, cat back, or full delete replacement exhaust system options.

$1,041.60 on GM partsdirect.com It’s a simple matter of unbolting the old one and putting the new one on, if it actually needs replaced. The stealerships always inflate parts prices. It’s how they make their money and charge for labor on top of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crazy! Can’t wait to talk to my service tech this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone w thoughts on doing an upgrade/performance carb compliant full turbo- or down pipe-back upgrade?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anyone w thoughts on doing an upgrade/performance carb compliant full turbo- or down pipe-back upgrade?

That doesn't exist unfortunately. Also on those gmpartsdirect sites, the part pricing is pretty good, but once you factor in shipping costs, it ends up being normal price.

·
Registered
13 Posts
anyone knows where I can order full deleted exhaust system for 2016 gm 2500 denali? 1st time Duramax owner ( just pulled trigger on new to me 100k miles truck), thinking of getting tuner/exhaust any recommendation is appreciated. thanks guy

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
anyone knows where i can order full deleted exhaust system for 2016 gm 2500 denali? 1st time duramax owner ( just pulled trigger on new to me 100k miles truck), thinking of getting tuner/exhaust any recommendation is appreciated. Thanks guy
ebay

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Let's assume you can get someone to sell you a "full delete" exhaust system. of course that would be a major violation of current EPA rules, so I wonder - please let me know in PRIVATE) where you can get such a thing.

After you got it and installed it, can you tell me how you could get your computer "cleared" so that you wouldn't be stuck in "limp mode". Again, PRIVATE - I suspect we have "ringers" from GM & EPA in here.
What do you mean by assume? There are tons on ebay for sale, I literally just pulled them up. Your computer is "cleared" for your limp mode issue once the new tune is downloaded if your limp mode is caused by emission issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ebay got all what I need to delete but what if I get stuck or something goes wrong, I would not know who to call for troubleshoot right?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I would NOT go thru ebay for tuning but for hard parts like exhaust, blocker plates, intake, etc i wouldnt hesitate as long as its name brand not a knock off from the dungeons of a third world country.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.