Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GMC 2500HD AT4 on 37s
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to level or lift my lml. Ready lift, fabtech and cognito all make systems yet they utilize different parts to achieve the proper steering and cv angles. I want my truck to be able to tow/haul like stock. The fabtech incorporates new steering knuckles while the others don't. Readylift and suspension maxx use differential lowering kits as part of their lift/ level. Just looking for help working through these kits differences and what is best for my truck. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I installed ready lift kit in front of my truck and put blocks in the back,last week i removed thr kit and installed a BDS 6" kit. i have it set as low as possible in the front and have 3" blocks in the back with firestone air bags in the rear for towing it rides great!!! The truck rode like total shit with the ready lift setup....i would stay away from any leveling kit! go with a 4" or 6" lift and you will not be sorry!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have the ready lift keys and blocks in the back I hate it just ordered a 5 Inch zone lift to get a better ride and better CV angles the lift was $1300 with a free upgrade in shocks I should have it by next friday hope it goes good

·
Registered
746 Posts
Same here, do the lift. A good 4" will ride better than stock.

·
Registered
296 Posts
alright so long as it is here by friday it will be going on this coming up weekend and ill post pictures asap

·
Registered
2021 GMC 2500HD AT4 on 37s
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the imput guys! But i still am trying to understand how fabtech and the other companies are getting a 4" lift out of a torsion key based lift kit. And are these kits really keeping the factory ride and protecting the other front end parts. I have had all of my dmaxs, 9 total, leveled by just turning up the torsion bars and then getting an alignment done. I was a little hesitant to do that on a 55k truck. Has anyone out there tried the fabtech 4" or the readylift sst 4" on their lml?

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I wouldn't knock leveling. It depends which leveling you get. Before I had my lift I had a level kit comprised of ProComp level keys, and the Norcal Stage 6 which had Cognito UCA's, and FOX 2.0 shocks. It drove way better than stock, and handled like a sports car. I can't say enough about how good it was. A really good system, just a little expensive.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have the Rancho.. link to pics in my signature.. I love it.
CV angles look pretty steep, are they? I know my buddy has an 08 lmm and he has a 6 inch turned down to 4 to get perfect CV angles I am kinda wondering what yours look like

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
You do realize that these threads are a year and a half old.....

Sent Screaming Through The Turbo of My Duramax

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I was trying to do some research on the Readylift SST no one had done it or commented about it. No pictures and no advice. So I searched "Readylift SST" in the search box and replied to the top 4 threads for people like me who were new to the forum and needed to see pictures.

·
Registered
385 Posts
When I was trying to do some research on the Readylift SST no one had done it or commented about it. No pictures and no advice. So I searched "Readylift SST" in the search box and replied to the top 4 threads for people like me who were new to the forum and needed to see pictures.
Its all good man... I'm getting ready to do the Tuff Country 3.5 lift/level kit.. It cost me 598.00 to my door.. I'm not looking to fit 37's under my truck only going after "stout" look and run 295/70/18's.. I figure for 600.00 for a complete kit I'll try it..

·
Registered
554 Posts
Its all good man... I'm getting ready to do the Tuff Country 3.5 lift/level kit.. It cost me 598.00 to my door.. I'm not looking to fit 37's under my truck only going after "stout" look and run 295/70/18's.. I figure for 600.00 for a complete kit I'll try it..
let me know how you like this kit, I'm about to pull the trigger on this kit but haven't seen any reviews. I just need a little more room to fit 20x12 on my '15.

·
Registered
385 Posts
let me know how you like this kit, I'm about to pull the trigger on this kit but haven't seen any reviews. I just need a little more room to fit 20x12 on my '15.
Will Do!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would just warn you that without the large fender mod, you will likely rub with 295/70/18s. You will probably clear the UCA with that tire (on the inside of the tire) but I dont know. I have 285s and it is really close.

The kit is very similar to the readylift kit, withough the jounces though, you will risk over compression, if thats the right term, when on very rough terrain. I'm not sure how big of an issue that is and you should ask someone more knowledgeable.

The differential spacers are a real pain. Expect some swearing and make sure you have plenty of jointed socket extensions to get a socket on the top nut. Its like a geometry puzzle up there.

Otherwise, look forward to hearing how it goes.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Look into a zone 5"... Made by bds. Had mine on for over a year not a single issue. Easy on pocket, and it's seen some abuse on lease roads and around the farm

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
296 Posts
Look into a zone 5"... Made by bds. Had mine on for over a year not a single issue. Easy on pocket, and it's seen some abuse on lease roads and around the farm

I will second this. very well made and instructions are amazing my budddy bought a full throdle lift at the same time I bought my zone and he was more impressed with my $1500 zone than his $4700 FTS lift

1 - 20 of 35 Posts