Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the PAC AmpPro, and a Kenwood multi-channel amp and sub for my truck. Who else has done this? Suppose to work seamless with the Bose system. I am not upgrading the speakers yet as I've been informed they can handle quite a bit more punch and do much better. I'm not the best listener in the world but my volume has to be up above half way for comfortable listening.
Looking forward to others suggestions and information.
Thanks ahead.
Pig

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm planning on upgrading the bose system in my 2003 and will be replacing head unit, amps, speakers and wiring. I find the options better and will have hands free phone access along with touch screen, usb and blue tooth capabilities. I will be doing this within the next year after other projects are finished.

·
Registered
296 Posts
While I don't have one, I have read quite a bit on the Ampro. Very nice solution if you want to keep your head unit and all chimes. I had a JL Audio Cleansweep on a previous GM vehicle and it was nice but it still relied on the output of the lousy Bose amp. The Ampro bypasses the amp and sends preamp level inputs to your amps by using the data bus so it is a much cleaner solution.

Post up progress, I would love to hear how it goes and your opinion. Oh and btw, if you ever saw how cheesy and cheap the Bose speakers were you would replace them :) Plush they usually run weird resistance like 2.4 ohms and 3.5ohms and they can do weird things to your amp.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks that is an option for someone that may want to keep their head unit I am looking to upgrade my head unit to give me bluetooth capabilities that will give me hands free communication that many states now require. But there are options that allow for steering wheel control and I will also be replacing amps, speakers, head units and wiring which will modernize my system to current specs. I am in the process of upgrading my heads, injectors along with the turbo system, meanwhile i search out and look at options and when I get to that point I will have made all of my decisions and all that will be left is purchase and install. I appreciate any feedback because knowledge gives one the ability to make better decisions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts